Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday #8 - The Black Witch by Laurie Forest


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa @ Wishful Endings and spotlights the books we are excited about and have yet to read. This meme is based on Waiting on Wednesday which is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

I can't wait for... The Black Witch by Laurie Forest


Expected Publication: May 2, 2017
 by Harlequin Teen
Goodreads

Goodreads Synopsis:
A Great Winged One will soon arise and cast his fearsome shadow upon the land. And just as Night slays Day, and Day slays Night, so also shall another Black Witch rise to meet him, her powers vast beyond imagining. 

So foretells the greatest prophecy of the Gardnerian mages. 
Carnissa Gardner, the last prophesied Black Witch, drove back the enemy forces and saved her people during the Realm War. Now a new evil is on the horizon, and her granddaughter, Elloren, is believed to be Carnissa's heir--but while she is the absolute image of her famous grandmother, Elloren is utterly devoid of power in a society that prizes magical ability above nearly all else. 

When she is granted the opportunity to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming an apothecary, Elloren is eager to join her brothers at the prestigious Verpax University and finally embrace a destiny of her own, free from the shadow of her grandmother's legacy. But she soon realizes that the University, which admits all manner of peoples--including the fire-wielding, winged Icarals, the sworn enemies of her people--is an even more treacherous place for the granddaughter of the Black Witch. 

Why I Can't Wait For It:
I originally wanted to read this just because of the title but now that we have a synopsis, I'm even more intrigued. A witch devoid of power? In a University full of people and creatures with powers? Sounds awesome to me! Hopefully my hopes aren't too high!

4 comments:

  1. I have an ARC of this but I'm not sure I'll read it because I've been hearing not so great things about it. =/

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Been seeing a lot of buzz over this one! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait for you to read this one either Stacy! There is SO MUCH controversy around it I want to know what you think. I may read it in May when I'm done with Camp Nano

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound pretty good.

    ReplyDelete