Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday #7 - House of Furies by Madeleine Roux


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa @ Wishful Endings and spotlights the books we are excited about and have yet to read. This meme is based on Waiting on Wednesday which is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

I can't wait for... House of Furies by Madeleine Roux


Expected publication: May 30, 2017
by HarperTeen

Goodreads

Goodreads Synopsis: 
After escaping a harsh school where punishment was the lesson of the day, seventeen-year-old Louisa Ditton is thrilled to find employment as a maid at a boarding house. But soon after her arrival at Coldthistle House, Louisa begins to realize that the house's mysterious owner, Mr. Morningside, is providing much more than lodging for his guests. Far from a place of rest, the house is a place of judgement, and Mr. Morningside and his unusual staff are meant to execute their own justice on those who are past being saved. 
Louisa begins to fear for a young man named Lee who is not like the other guests. He is charismatic and kind, and Louisa knows that it may be up to her to save him from an untimely judgment. But in this house of distortions and lies, how can Louisa be sure whom to trust? 

Why I Can't Wait: 
Horror is one of my favorite genres but I hardly ever fit it into my TBR these days except around Halloween. I tend to stick to ghost stories but there's so much more to horror and I hope to get to more of it soon!
This sounds like a perfectly mysterious horror. The synopsis reminds me horror flicks like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and shows like Bates Motel, which I love, so I'm super excited to read this. I've heard really good things about this author's other horror novels, too, so I have high hopes that it's extra creepy! 


Do you read horror? What books are you looking forward to?

2 comments: