Sunday, October 12, 2014

Book Blogger Hop (Oct 10- 16)


The Book Blogger Hop is hosted at Ramblings Of A Coffee Addicted Writer and this week's question is: 

What is the scariest book that you have read or heard about?

My Answer:
This one is a little difficult for me because no book (or even movie for that matter) has ever really scared me. I was obsessed with ghost stories and horror stories as a kid and continue to read them as an adult but am often let down on the 'thrill factor'. They never make me want to leave a light on or jump at every little sound. I guess you could say I was desensitized to horror at a very young age. I seriously can't even think of a book that was even remotely frightening at the moment.
A book I've heard was really creepy/scary is 'House of Leaves' by Daniel Z. Danielewski. I started this book a few years ago but had to return it to the library before I moved away so I didn't get but maybe a hundred pages in (and it's a huge book). It did start out kind of weird, though, so I'm looking forward to trying again some day to see if it really is creepy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment