Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31 Days of Spooky Books

Welcome to 31 Days of Spooky Books


In honor of my favorite holiday and one of my favorite genres of books I will be sharing one book a day that I have either read, want to read, or will read this year in October. Be sure to come back every day and see my favorite Halloween reads and leave recommendations in the comments for me. I'm always open to adding spooky books to my TBR list. :)

Day 1
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
by
Washington Irving


I've been meaning to read this for the past two Halloweens. I SHOULD be starting this book today but I'll be so busy this month that I might not get to it right away.



Disney made a short little cartoon for 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' back in the 40's or something. I found the ending on youtube so you can take a look and tell me if you remember it. I watched it all the time as a kid but that was in the 90's so I understand if some people haven't seen it before. I watched it every Halloween.
Here it is! 




Also, as a fan of *most* Tim Burton movies, I really enjoyed his 1999 adaptation starring Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci. 



I've also seen a preview for the newer television series but haven't actually seen any episodes so I don't know how far it strays (or whether it's faithful) to the classic.


All I know is that I'm excited to finally read 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' this year and cross it off my to-read list! 

What 'spooky' books do you plan on reading in October?

No comments:

Post a Comment