Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September is for Sequels Challenge


I only just came across this challenge on August 31st but knew I'd be reading at least one or two sequels so I decided to join in. There are many series that I've started and need to continue with and I've been putting off reading new series (except for The Lunar Chronicles) until I do so it's about time that I tackle some.

This is the 3rd annual 'September is For Sequels' hosted by Lisa Loves Literature but this will be my first time participating. 

The main objective is to read at least 4 sequels during the month of September. 

A few sequels that I can only hope to get to this month are: 



{covers link to Goodreads}

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer
The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus #2) by Rick Riordan
When Did You See Her Last (  #2) by Lemony Snicket
Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator ( #2) by Roald Dahl
Between the Spark and the Burn (Between #2) by April Genevieve Tucholke
A Feast For Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire #4) by George R.R. Martin

I have Scarlet on hold at the library with a "2 week wait" so I can only hope to get to it this month and I'll save A Feast for Crows for last and only if I finish the others. I've already started it but I still have more than halfway to go and I really need the motivation to finish (they're such lengthy books!)

If you'd like to participate, sign ups are open til September 15th! 

4 comments:

  1. Great list! I should probably read #2 in the Heroes of Olympus as well sometime. Glad to have you as part of the challenge, can't wait to see how you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting with 'The Son of Neptune'! Hopefully my library has the 3rd book in the series so I can continue. If not, there's plenty of other sequels I need to get to!
      Thank you so much for creating the challenge! :)

      Delete
  2. This reading challenge sounds awesome as I have some sequels in need of reading, but unfortunately I am committed to other books for book clubs/groups this month. Otherwise I'd love to join this reading challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely understand! This is going to be a super busy month for me, too! I signed up for a 2 week read-a-thon this month, there's Banned Books Week at the end of the month, not to mention how busy I'll be in my everyday life! Challenges like this are the best motivation to just keep reading no matter what, though!

      Delete