Saturday, February 8, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #21


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by TYNGA'S REVIEWS that features the books we bought, borrowed, were gifted, and were given for review.





Top Shelf

(left to right)


Midnight Whipsers by V.C. Andrews
Twilight's Child by V.C. Andrews
Dawn V.C. Andrews
(These aren't in order and one of the books in this series wasn't there, but I loved the Dollanger and Casteel Family series when I was a teen. It's about time I read something else by her soon.)

Obsidian Ridge by Jess Lebow
(This is a Forgotten Realms fantasy novel and so far, I've only been interested in R.A. Salvatore's books but this one has a pretty neat cover and I thought it wouldn't hurt to pick up until I got home and realized it's the second book in the series. I really need a phone with a Goodreads app to take with me on my thrift store trips.)

The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
(from the author of 'The Witch of Blackbird Pond'. This book is about a boy surviving in a Maine wilderness that is rescued by an Indian chief. I've always been very interested in Native American culture.)
The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings(I've read this book before and loved it. It's about a boy who raises a baby deer (a yearling). It's set in my home state of Florida. I haven't been to the Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings State Park yet, but I plan to in the future.)

Annie, Between the States by L.M. Elliott(This is a historical fiction set during the Civil War.)

Bottom Shelf

(top to bottom)


Father Bear Comes Home by Else Holmelund Minarik(Illustrated by Maurice Sendak. This is a story of Little Bear of whom I loved to read about and watch on tv when I was a little girl. I picked this one up for my neice.)

Diary by Chuck Palahniuk(I'm slowly building up a collection of his books!)

Shiloh Season by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

Summer Sisters by Judy Blume

--------------------------


Have you read any of these books?
What did you add to your shelves this week? 


2 comments:

  1. Ah V.C. Andrews brings back a lot of memories. A lot of your other titles are new to me. Enjoy your new books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, too. I read the Heaven series and the Flowers in the Attic series back when I was about 13 and I remember them being so sad (yes, I cried but I can probably attribute that to being an emotional teenager). I'd like to read them again sometime and also expand to some of her other series. :)

      Delete