Sunday, May 5, 2013

READ-A-THON!!! (May 13th-19th)

 

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team




This will be my very first Read-a-thon. I really don't even know why I am going to put this kind of pressure on myself because I signed up for an online writing class on Coursera.com that starts on the same exact day. It lasts for 5 weeks and I've never done anything like it before so I don't even know what to expect. Will it take up an hour of my time or 5 hours of my time each day? I have no idea. I really hope it isn't 5 hours! That would be horrible! So adding a read-a-thon onto it might be a bit much. I don't know yet.
 
Anyway, I saw LittleBookOwl from Youtube talk about a 24 hour read-a-thon that she had participated in and while this particular read-a-thon lasts an entire week, I still think it's a good idea and I really want to try it. So I don't know yet how much time I will be able to dedicate to reading non-stop during this week, but I will try to knock my MT. TBR down a few inches at least.

I don't know what I want my ultimate goal to be yet since I don't know if I'll be finished with the books I'm reading now or if I'll have started a book a day or two before the read-a-thon. I do have a short stack of books on the skinny side that I have set aside for this, though. I am hoping to be able to read at least 1 book per day. I've also been thinking about reading some of my many unread middle-grade fantasy books throughout one specific month but I just couldn't get myself to do it in the past so maybe it would work to set aside one week to get through them. I'll think on it and update this as I figure things out.
 
I will have to deny myself internet access while I do this read-a-thon, too, otherwise I probably won't get as much reading done as I should.
 






MONDAY                                                  
What I've Read Today:
Total Number Of Books I've Read:
On Page __ of __ :
Reviews:
Thoughts:

I borrowed the above sample of keeping track from Harley Bear Book Blog. I'm glad I found her post because I think it is a great way to keep track of how much reading I will do. I'll add all seven days as I go. :)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment